Monday, December 24, 2007

Purple Haze

The splendid stuff looks green
On the surface, without a sheen.
Rolled into a pure white paper,
Nothing looked more clean and safer.

Passed around with a whimper,
It belonged to us like a finger.
The distance between us was short,
And the pleasure that struck me was tart.

Slowly as the lungs heaved,
None of us ever bereaved.
The smoke sank in deeper,
As we kept floating higher.

My life was colored purple and grey,
As my moods danced to a rhythmic sway.
And then I began crying,
For all the memories that came flying.

But in a jiffy I was delirious,
Don’t know what was hilarious!
My mind was a purple haze,
Sliding past a maze in a daze.

For what must have been many hours,
I had none of my human powers.
Lost in the world of delusion,
My dream was one big illusion.

That was when the days were glorious,
With an attitude that was spurious.
We romped our way through life,
Like a comet tearing the skies.

But now my life is no illusion,
Nor is there any confusion.
The smoke crept through my blood and veins,
to shatter my life to despicable ruins.

The haze has vanished,
and so has my life.
But there is no point ruing,
The day I started doping.

3 comments:

Rivat Hanss said...

ambu cannot believe u wrote that in an hour that too in a bus!! great work da!! doping has its effects!! ;)

ambarish said...

he he.. small corection.. it was one hour in a train.. had to buy a pencl from a blind hawker and wrote it behind the novel i was reading.. coz it jus was jus an impulse!! :-)

Sridhar Rao said...

nice impulse man..the choice of words is brilliant and the fervour is vibrant too..keep up the good work