Thursday, July 23, 2009

Poet in a one man band

I’m a poet in a one man band,

I sing my rhymes all along the Strand,

With my fedora and guitar I play on the way,

They tell me I’m not as bad as Phoebe Buffay,


Don’t scare me with wars and soaring rates,

I tell ya I don’t need no band mates,

When the sun is bright and tune not trite,

I know I’ll get that perfect song so right,


When they get sick of the noise and balderdash,

All the junk they play at the college bash,

That’s when they come running to the bard,

And ask me to sing a limerick not so hard,


I’m just a poet in a one man band,

I sing my whims all across the land,

With my fedora and guitar I play on the way,

They clap to my songs and dance and sway,


I’m no Avril Lavigne with videos on mtv,

Nor am I struggling to get a break hopefully,

I just sit on my corner stone away from dog pee,

Singing my songs from last night’s binging spree,


When a londoner tosses me a pence,

I say sir please take this back, no offense,

I don’t play for the money or the fame,

Just as free booting off you ain’t my aim,


Coz I’m a poet in a one man band,

Don’t sell my music to you packaged or canned,

With my fedora and guitar I play on the way,

Entertaining you with my poems night and day…

3 comments:

paps said...

welcome to the club(a non entity though)

good post esp i like the line:

With my fedora and guitar I play on the way,
......

Though there are some parts which i think could be worked upon

like the passage bout avril n bla bla...
sumtimes missing the fluidity..

but DEFINITELY nice read...

Narayanan (Nada!!) said...

wat do u mean non entity man...this is why we suck at publicity

Ujwal said...

hey...i liked dis 1 ash....strikes a cord..